Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

"Whiter Shade of Pale"


                          Vietnam was raging in South East Asia, and I remember the limited nightly news casts. I was of 9 years years of age with dreams of playing professional hockey and being a boxer. I had yet to taste love except for ice cream and my mustang bike equipped with banana seat and sissy bar. My mom weeped with the prospect of my brother's draft number being called, so his dumb ass drove across the border to Plattsburgh, New York to sign up. Being of an American dad us half crazy Canadians could do that. Montreal was about 90 minutes away. Joe Namath would lead the Jets to an amazing Super Bowl win over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts, yes they were in Baltimore then. I would think most of you hadn't taken your first breath of fresh air yet. "The crowd called out for more" and I wish I knew what the hell a Whiter Shade a Pale meant back then, I do now, but I thought it was cool...

2 comments: